PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Incumbent will provide timely and professional support for fast-paced 24x7x365 radio music and news broadcast network.
DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities noted with bullets are considered to be the essential functions of the job).
- Provides installation system design and component-level maintenance of broadcast audio equipment, computer based editing systems, radio automation and server based storage solutions.
- Installation, repair and provide maintenance of sophisticated digital audio broadcast equipment at local or remote sites.
- Ability to provide technical support to end users as required.
- Must be able to read and understand electronic schematic and system diagrams.
- Documents quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials and project work. May act in a lead role or assist on projects.
- Previous experience or familiarity with the use of AutoCAD software is desired.
- Must be able to kneel, lift and move up to 50lbs. Must be able to work on ladders and work in confined spaces as required in performing job tasks.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform additional duties and take on other responsibilities as dictated by events and circumstances.
QUALIFICATION/EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Four year technical degree, preferably electronics; equivalent education/experience/training is acceptable.
- Extensive knowledge of digital and analog radio broadcast equipment
- Advanced proficiency with computer systems.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in radio and/or television, including troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of satellite, TV and/or radio equipment, studio systems; dubbing and quality control and/or proven engineering experience
- Willingness to learn equipment and applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and an interest in developing new strategies.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills; be well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments. An overall understanding of the news and programming production process is necessary and a strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical.
- Arabic language skills and cultural knowledge are desirable.
- Candidate must have a commitment to excellence and to ongoing education in broadcast engineering and IT and to the mastery of their craft.
Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is proud to be an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer.