The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking an Editor for our IPD Department at Dubai office in Dubai, UAE. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Editor is responsible for editing news and programming projects for MBN as assigned.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Editor include, but are not limited to:
- Editing news, current affairs, social media and acquired programs as assigned
- Providing creative expertise on projects.
- Interfacing with producers, writers and other creative and technical staff to provide creative and technical input as needed to facilitate and expedite completion of their projects.
- Performing drive maintenance and media management.
- Maintaining the high standards of quality expected by MBN.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting of Premier, and EDIUS.
Candidates are required to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production or related field is preferred, professional experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Four years of hands-on experience in a news or deadline driven program editing environment.
- Four years of editing experience with Premier Pro.
- Four years of editing experience with Adobe products.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize extensive knowledge of equipment operation; production techniques; and broadcast industry engineering requirements, while he/she maintains high technical and editorial standards, and provides this quality of service to MBN.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Proven editing and production skills.
- Demonstrate storytelling ability through editing.
- Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, have the ability to work independently and possess excellent people skills.
- Experience with Adobe Premier, and EDIUS preferred.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends.
- Ability to speak and read Arabic is highly desirable.